Preparing Your Basement for Waterproofing
If you have run into problems with moisture in your basement, there is no better service to call than Paul’s Basement Waterproofing. If you’ve decided it’s now time to do something about it, here’s a few tips for preparing your basement for waterproofing:
- A plan is one of the most important things in carrying out any activity.
- The first step is to be preventive. Just reading this blog means you’ve already started on that process of how to mitigate against moisture, rather than sitting back and waiting for an actual flood to occur before you start thinking of taking action.
- Start by identifying construction flaws, such as a faulty gutter system, soil sloping and landscaping, and wall paint quality. With proper diagnosis at the first sign of problems (before actual flooding takes place), you are in a better position to take charge of the situation.
- Once you’ve assessed your personal situation, the next step is to identify a professional contractor like Paul’s Basement Waterproofing to waterproof your basement. Panicking when the house is already flooding creates a situation where the credentials of the experts you want working on your basemen may not get scrutinized.
- Next, assess your waterproofing options, such as sealants, sump pumps, and drainage systems, including a rough estimate of the kind of costs that will be incurred for the entire process to be completed.
Once you know what you need, and have contracted the professional experts at Paul’s Basement Waterproofing, the next step in the process is cleaning:
- Clear everything from the floor until it’s bare, including stored items and furniture.
- Use your broom to sweep thoroughly, including corners and crevices.
- Next use a wet/dry vac to continue clearing any small items you might have missed.
- To complete the cleaning part of the process, mop the floor with clean water.
- Make sure no one enters the basement and leave the floor to dry completely.
Cleaning out the basement is an important step to ensuring there’s nothing on the floor or walls that can stop the waterproofing materials from bonding to the concrete, and installing a vapour barrier in a continuous sheet, which helps to create a drier, healthier space.
Water can enter a basement or crawlspace in any number of ways and if you’re concerned with moisture in your basement, there is no better service to call than Paul’s Basement Waterproofing. We keep basements dry in Windsor, Essex County, Chatham-Kent, Sarnia-Lambton, and London and the surrounding areas.
There are many reasons a basement requires waterproofing, and for each one of them Paul’s Basement Waterproofing is the answer. Our system channels water from saturated cement and block foundation walls to the sump pit, and also alleviates ground water concerns. Our service ensures a complete clean-up as well as property protection during installation, and we also offer a 15-year written guarantee. So if you are having problems with your basement or crawlspace, contact Paul’s Basement Waterproofing toll free at 1-877-322-2260 for a free estimate. Senior discounts are available.